Janelle Anderson helps people discover their pathways to a fulfilling life in retirement.
Ms. Anderson works with women find a fulfilling life in retirement. She is a Certified Professional Coach through her business, Emerging Life Coaching. Janelle typically works with women who are transitioning into a new season in life, whether that is from the “busy mother raising children season” to an “empty nest” season or from “busy career life” to the season of retired life. And…she helps them discover a new game to play and who they truly want to be in this “third act of life.” Her work with clients includes one-on-one private coaching sessions, as well coaching groups, workshops and personal development classes.
She developed a retirement transition course called “Pathways to a Fulfilling Life in Retirement.” This course was featured in Virginia Tech’s Lifelong Learning Institute this past Spring.
She has created a personalized coaching program from this course called “Redefine Your Retirement.”
Janelle's Pathways to a Fulfilling life in Retirement course is a 6 week course that goes through the following:
- Week 1 – Assessment. This is spent doing various types of assessments to determine where people are in their transitions. She uses “REC” which means:
- Release – Letting go of your past life
- Explore – What do I want to do now
- Create – Setting out steps and goals to create a new life in retirement
- Week 2 – Envisioning which is setting the vision of where you want to go and who you want to be. Dream and paint a big picture of what’s possible.
- Week 3 – What’s stopping you? “GAILS”
- Interpretations and
- Limiting beliefs
- Week 4 – Work on removing the roadblocks in your life. Create possibilities and figure out how to write a new story for your life.
- Week 5 – This week is spent looking at key relationships in your life. Where are they? Are they draining you? Are they energizing you?
- Week 6 – Create your best life by coming up with a plan, action steps, and goals to create the life you want to live in retirement
I'm not unhappy, I'm doing things I enjoy like gardening and going out with my friends, but I just keep asking myself is this all there is?
Janelle talks about her client Margie who was struggling with becoming an “empty nester” and she also talks about Sandra who felt unfulfilled in her retirement.
Margie had just entered the “empty nest” when she came to me. The last of her children had just moved out and she was really floundering with her life, not knowing what to do with herself.
Know that there is not just one transition that is going to happen. There are many transitions and that it is normal and you may need time to re-adjust to figure out where you are and what you want to do.
We asked, “What advice would you give to a retiree who feels stuck?” She answered, “Appreciate the moment. Live in the present moment, live every moment to the fullest and learn how to find joy right now.”
Contact information: 540-391-0332 firstname.lastname@example.org www.emerginglifecoaching.com
Today's Freebie can be downloaded at: http://RockYourRetirement.com/Roadblocks
Kathe Kline has been working with retirees for over 25 years. She discovered that retirement is not just about money and insurance, but is also about: Social & Family; Adventure & Travel; Volunteer & Philanthropy; Spirit & Soul, Sexual issues, and Sandwich Generation issues or helping your Family members as they age
This site will host the podcast interviews that we will do with people who are Rocking their own Retirement, or who provide services to you so that you can Rock Your Retirement!