What are the 5 Golden Rules of Retirement you never knew? I talked with Bart Astor. Bart has appeared on numerous TV and radio shows, including ABC’s “Good Morning America,” PBS’s “MarketPlace,” Ric Edelman’s “The Truth About Money,” AARP Radio, “Two Boomer Babes,” and Boomer’s Rock radio. So as you can imagine, I was honored to have him on my show!
Bart Astor is a recognized expert in life’s transitions and eldercare. He is the author of a plethora of books including AARP Roadmap for the Rest of Your Life. This book does talk about money, but it also talks about health, work, lifestyle, and pursuing your dreams. And that's what this show is about! I wanted to find out what his 5 golden rules of retirement were…
When we are working, and thinking about retirement, one of the issues we have to deal with is our ego. Our identity. Who are we?
In Bart's writings, he's talked about 5 golden rules of retirement, or for setting the roadmap to what he calls a successful “Second Adulthood.” Bart goes into more detail about this in the interview but…
Those 5 golden rules of retirement are:
You get to choose your own goals
Most of what happens to us in our lives is not really a surprise
The level of your activity influences your choices (This includes mental and physical activity)
Quality of life is about retirement lifestyle
Don’t judge yourself
- AARP Roadmap for the Rest of Your Life: Smart Choices About Money, Health, Work, Lifestyle … and Pursuing Your Dreams
- Graduate from College Debt-Free: Get Your Degree With Money In The Bank
- Baby Boomers Guide to Caring for Aging Parents
- What Can You Do with a Major in Biology?
- How to Care for Your Aging Parents
- CliffsNotes Understanding Life Insurance
- KAPLAN YOU CAN AFFORD COLLEGE
- The Official Guide to Financing Your MBA
To get today's Freebie, Level of Activity Scale, go to https://rockyourretirement.com/LevelOfActivity
Contact information for Bart: Twitter: @bartastor * Email: [email protected] * Website: www.BartAstor.com
Special Thanks to:
- Angie Strehlow who helps us get great guests that help us with our retirement lifestyle while keeping everything on track…and helps with these show notes!
- Les Briney, my husband, and Danny Ozment of Emerald City Pro who edits the show and makes my guests and me sound terrific
- Henry Shapiro, host of Retired Excited that airs on Fridays
- YOU for telling your friends about the show, leaving comments below, and sharing episodes you really like on Facebook, and reviewing the show on iTunes
This post about retirement and Retirement Lifestyle first appeared on http://RockYourRetirement.com
Kathe Kline has been working with retirees for over 25 years. She discovered that retirement is not just about money and insurance, but is also about: Social & Family; Adventure & Travel; Volunteer & Philanthropy; Spirit & Soul, Sexual issues, and Sandwich Generation issues or helping your Family members as they age
This site will host the podcast interviews that we will do with people who are Rocking their own Retirement, or who provide services to you so that you can Rock Your Retirement!